I was lying down in the playroom, not feeling super great. Cecilia was playing nearby and content by herself for the moment. After a few minutes, I realized it was quiet. Too quiet. I looked up and there was no baby in the playroom. I freaked out a little bit and launched myself off the floor, darting out the baby gate that I realized I had left slightly ajar. To my left, I found Cecilia sitting on the landing of our stairs, looking mighty pleased with herself for having escaped and climbed four stairs without supervision. I quickly scooped her up and snuggled her close, trying to calm my racing heart. I suppose this incident is some sort of karma for my own baby escapades.
|I want to see the Christmas tree, Mama.|
|No Daddy, take the mean Totoro away!|
- All books, but not read to her, she wants to flip the pages by herself
- Her straw sippy cup - I'm inordinately pleased that she was so receptive to the straw sippy cup.
- Pears and any mixes with pears in them, still
- Sitting with Mommy at breakfast time to get bites of blueberries
- Playing "Where's Cecilia?" (i.e. peek-a-boo) with the curtain next to her changing table
- Unrolling the toilet paper from the roll (SIGH.)
- Making car noises (b-rrroom)
- Mister Lamby
- The Christmas tree
- Standing on her own!
- Climbing the stairs (argh noo, too soon baby, too soon!)
- Having her nails trimmed - this is a strong hate, and it sounds like the worst form of baby torture
- Teething - it's the worst.
- Weight: 16lbs 9.8oz (+1 lb 9.8 oz)
- Length: 28.75" (+2.25")
- Head Circumference: 44.5 cm (+1 cm)
I'm boring this month. I don't have all that much to say except that I feel as if I am being ordered around by a tiny dictator now.