Cecilia got a lot more fun this month. She's a smiley, happy and engaging baby when she's not tired. She loves to stare at everything, and pet new fabrics with her hands now. We even got a super cute giggle session on video! Unfortunately she still hates napping which means it's even becoming difficult to get her to nap in the Ergo. It's something we're going to be working on in the coming month.
She's been spending her days with her Grammy while I'm at work. Once she got past her initial stubbornness that someone besides me was feeding her, it worked out a lot better for both parties.
|Mom! There's a ceiling fan up there! It's amazing!|
|Big smile for the camera!|
- Hanging out on her changing table and having cooing conversations with Mommy after her diaper has been changed
- Eating breast milk, she's clearly developed a preference for breast milk over formula, can't say that I blame her
- Being very smiley and happy in the morning
- Staring and cooing at the toys on her play mat while mommy makes oatmeal in the morning
- Being pulled to a sitting position and held there
- Staring at everything intently
- Touching Mommy's waffle knit t-shirt - I know babies like to experience different textures but she is super fascinated by that one shirt
- Kicking Mommy's leg repeatedly while we wait for the bath tub to fill up
- Napping in general - the world is too interesting, why would she want to sleep!
- Bath time
- Swaddling - I've given up.
I'm back at work part time now. It's good and bad at the same time. I miss her during the days but then I realize I enjoy interacting with adult humans who say more than ah, eh, uh and oo. Plus, I like using my brain to solve complicated problems. I hate pumping though. A lot. It makes me want to give up on breastfeeding entirely, but I told myself I'd make it to the six month mark and gosh darnit, I'm going to.
Gee, I wonder where my daughter gets her persistence?
I'm actually finding it a little hard to lose weight because breastfeeding makes me extra hungry throughout the day. I also completely forgot to take a selfie for this month. Woops, sorry (not really, you know I hate them anyhow), I'm a huge slacker. Nothing's changed since last month anyhow. Honestly, I'm the boring half of this post right now, perhaps I'll have more to write about next month.