- I miss exercise a lot. I feel like a slug most days. I haven't been able to find the balance between caring for me and caring for Cecilia yet. Plus I've been letting myself make excuses to avoid a daily walk with her in the Ergo carrier. I need to cut the crap because just walking does wonders for my mindset on the bad days.
- My baby is not one of those mythical unicorn babies who can be classified as "easy." I tried to get her to nap this morning on the bed next to me so I could read The Master Magician by Charlie N. Holmberg on my Kindle and also give my exhausted shoulders, back and neck a break. The result was that she just screamed at me for ten minutes while I shushed her, patted her tummy and cuddled her until she passed out for a measly 30 minutes and then repeated the cycle for another 30 minutes. I didn't even get to read more than a couple pages because I spent each thirty minute chunk in a state of constant vigilance. Seriously, every peep or squeak I was all "OH GOD SHE'S WAKING UP NOW!" Eventually, we gave up on this endeavor when she started gumming at her grubby little baby hands, I fed her and now she's back in the Ergo. She has been asleep for almost an hour.
- I miss running races. I think I'd like to run a half marathon one day even. Specifically the Disney Princess Half Marathon. I'd even consider doing the Glass Slipper challenge too. 2022 maybe? Maybe this is a complete and utter pipe dream. I don't know but it's nice to think I could accomplish something like that if I set my mind to it.
- I signed up for KnitCrate's Dyed-My-Way series. Knitting is one of the few things I can do for myself while I have Cecilia in the Ergo, so I'm excited to have several months worth of curated projects to try!
- I'd really love to blog more but...I find that I'm afraid to put my honest thoughts and opinions out there sometimes.
Monday, June 8, 2015
Today's post is going to be a jumbled bunch of thoughts I've had lately (crazy ones and not crazy ones) organized into a bulleted list. Because I can barely make my brain work on a good day and today is not one of those days.