I have a cute Cecilia story from this month, one I actually remember.
Cecilia hates her third nap. It's always a battle and she never falls asleep in the first ten minutes in her crib, so I always go in to comfort her. I had picked her up and we were sitting in the rocking chair, with my arms holding her arms at her sides. I'm sure this sounds like some horrible form of baby torture but if I let her have her arms free to grab at my hair, the rocking chair, the curtains, the pillow in the rocking chair she'll never calm down enough to nap.
Since all she could move was her head, she picked her little head up, stuck her nose to my nose, looked me in the eye and licked me then giggled. Since it was pretty funny, I laughed too, which only prompted her to do it again.
Perhaps she has a penchant for mischief in a cute form. I have no idea where she would get that. Nope, none at all.
|Sorry Mom, not really into this photo shoot today.|
|But I guess I can give you a smile.|
- Charlie - she still loves to watch and squeal him and he is very slightly less terrified of her.
- Frankie the Fox
- Peas on Earth - still!
- Sipping from a cup - I'm also encouraging her interest in this pretty strongly, so that might be part of it.
- Sitting in Mommy's lap, facing towards her. Mommy must be in sight at all times when she is home is Cecilia's latest life philosophy.
- Holding out her arms while she's sitting. This is not to prompt the caregiver that she wants to be picked up, no, she wants to use your hands to pull herself to standing.
- Crawling around her soon-to-be playroom
- Attempting to eat Mommy's FitBit
- Nap number #3 - BATTLE ROYALE.
- Getting her shots - Sorry baby, but you have to have them. I know they suck, but it's better than getting polio.
- Weight: 15lbs (+1 lb 10.5 oz)
- Length: 26.5" (+1.5")
- Head Circumference: 43.5 cm (+1 cm)
I feel so much more like my old self now. Both my memory and energy have mostly returned, which makes even a hard day with Cecilia not feel as awful as those first few weeks with her. It's nice to feel capable again.